Jeff Brodsky, MD
Talented Surgeon Committed to Cancer Treatment
Jeffrey T. Brodsky, MD
With over 20 years of experience in surgical oncology and general surgery, Dr. Brodsky has expertise in the surgical management of esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, intestinal and colon cancer, rectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, gallbladder and biliary cancer, hepatic tumors, soft tissue sarcoma, melanoma, breast disease and adrenal tumors.
He is also a board-certified general surgeon highly skilled in laparoscopic surgery, specializing in the treatment of hernias, gallbladder and biliary disease, gastrointestinal and colorectal disease, and hepatobiliary and pancreatic disease.
Dr. Brodsky's training includes a surgical internship and residency at New York University Medical Center. He also completed a fellowship in surgical oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Highlights of Dr. Brodsky's capabilities and approach to surgical oncology and general surgery practice include the following:
Esophageal and Gastric Cancer
• Aggressive surgical approach to maximize cure rate
• Extensive experience and meticulous surgical approach
Pancreatic, Hepatic, and Biliary Tumors
• Shorter operative times
• Lower complication rates
• Minimal blood loss with rare need for transfusion
• Decreased hospital stay
• Maximize opportunity for sphincter preservation and avoidance of colostomy
• Oncologic resection to minimize local recurrence
• Nerve preservation to avoid bladder and sexual dysfunction
• Reconstructive technique to minimize complication rate
• Colon resection