Aria – Torresdale Hospital Trauma Center
30 Years of Excellence in Advanced Trauma and Critical Care
Aria - Torresdale Hospital's Trauma Center has been the region's premier trauma center, serving Lower Bucks County and Northeast Philadelphia for 30 years. As a Level II Trauma Center accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, we provide critically ill or injured patients with immediate access to advanced care.
Our strength lies in our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff. This team constantly strives to refine and expand the practice of trauma and critical care.
All members of the team have completed comprehensive education and training in the care of critically injured patients, enabling them to address the complex traumatic needs of their patients. They also possess various specialty certifications related to the discipline of trauma, surgery, and critical care.
What Sets the Aria - Torresdale Hospital Trauma Center Apart
- In-hospital trauma surgeon available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Dedicated and staffed trauma operating room
- Experience as a Level II Trauma Center since October 1986
- Access for patients to the most advanced specialty care available (multidisciplinary team)
- Resources provided for the entire continuum of trauma care
- including prevention, stabilization, healing, and rehabilitation
- Part of the Jefferson Trauma System with access to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Level I Trauma Center (via air/ground transport)
- Incorporation of a comprehensive quality assessment program for optimal outcomes
Aria – Torresdale Hospital is the only Level 2 accredited Trauma Center in Northeast Philadelphia
Ready to Manage Your Trauma Care Needs
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Sports-related injuries
- Acts of violence
- Geriatric trauma
- Plus, many more conditions
Cynthia Fusco, DO, FACOS
Trauma Medical Director
Donna Titus, MSN, RN, CEN
Trauma Program Director
A multidisciplinary team consisting of board-certified trauma surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, radiologists, and anesthesiologists, as well as residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physical therapists, and social workers.
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Interventional Radiology
- New emergency department
- Recently renovated intensive care units
- 3 trauma bays with adjacent CT scanner
- Bariatric-equipped rooms
For trauma emergencies, dial 911 immediately.
Aria - Torresdale Hospital is accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF).
Level I trauma centers provide multidisciplinary treatment and specialized resources for trauma patients and require trauma research, a surgical residency program and an annual volume of 600 major trauma patients per year.
Level II trauma centers provide similar experienced medical services and resources but do not require the research and residency components. Volume requirements are 350 major trauma patients per year.
Level III trauma centers are smaller community hospitals that have services to care for patients with moderate injuries and the ability to stabilize the severe trauma patient in preparation for transport to a higher level trauma center. Level III trauma centers do not require neurosurgical resources.
Level IV trauma centers are able to provide initial care and stabilization of traumatic injury while arranging transfer to a higher level of trauma care.
Source: Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF.org)