Gynecology & Women's Health
Conditions That Affect Women
Welcome to the Center for Gynecology & Women's Health at Aria Health. Launched in 2006, this center took established Aria healthcare services, redesigned their delivery, and expanded their features to serve patients best. The experienced, accomplished staff now provides a custom-assembled suite of gynecologic and women's-health services at the convenience of leading community medical centers in the Aria system.
A center dedicated to
a woman's health.
The center's physicians, nurses, and other staff members have dedicated their careers to developing top-level skills in conditions that affect women and have committed themselves exclusively to delivering the foremost in care for these needs. The center fully focuses on serving the adult and adolescent female patient and on providing the medical and personal care that is most important to her and her health.
This special women's center at Aria offers comprehensive services:
- adolescent gynecology
- bleeding (abnormal uterine bleeding)
- breast conditions
- bone health (including osteoporosis, osteopenia)
- contraception and family planning (including fertility referrals)
- domestic violence (physical, sexual, or other abuse)
- endometrial conditions (including endometriosis and uterine polyps)
- fibroid care
- gastrointestinal disorders
- general and genitourinary gynecology and women's care
- heart health and cardiovascular disease
- menopause care (including perimenopausal syndrome)
- menstrual and menstrual-related disorders (including PMS, PMDD, PCOS, and excessive menstrual bleeding as well as other irregularities or abnormalities in cycle)
- minimally invasive gynecologic surgery (including permanent sterilization, endometrial ablation, cyst removal, hysterectomy, pelvic-floor muscle reconstruction, and other procedures)
- obesity, diet, and exercise
- ovarian cysts
- pelvic pain (including pelvic congestive syndrome)
- sexual function care
- sexually transmitted diseases
- thyroid conditions
The staff at the center can help to coordinate each woman's overall healthcare, in consultation with other personal or family physicians or other healthcare providers as needed. Center clinicians can provide expert evaluation and care for a complete range of conditions, as well as referral, as needed, to other specialists on the interdisciplinary women's health team at Aria.
Additional Women's Health Services
For years, Aria Health have provided Northeast Philadelphia and Bucks County with a variety of women's health services. In addition to the menu of clinical services above, the Aria system also offers: