Traumatic Injury Care
Serving as an important component of emergency care
Urgent, accurate radiology to assess patients and intervene quickly can mean make the difference in saving a life.
Interventional radiologists use various techniques to help care for patients who have suffered a traumatic injury. These techniques include:
• embolization to stop bleeding;
• vascular access procedures to establish intravenous capabilities;
• angiography to assess injuries;
• tube and stent placement to maintain vessel function;
• and catheter retrieval of foreign material or objects from the body.
The IR staff offers care for emergency patients as needed.