Statistics of Stroke
Heart-to-heart care in the most advanced surroundings.
More about stroke/brain attack:
Consider the following statistics regarding strokes:
- Stroke is third largest cause of death, ranking behind diseases of the heart and all forms of cancer.
- Strokes kill more than 275,000 Americans each year.
- Almost every 45 seconds in the United States, a person experiences a stroke.
- About 4.8 million US adults live today with the effects of a stroke.
- The American Stroke Association, a division of the American Heart Association, estimates strokes cost the US nearly $57 billion a year.