Sweet-and-Sour Chicken - Grilled Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar,plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt,divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh mint
- 8 chicken drumsticks,(about 2 pounds) skin removed, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium. (No grill? See Broiler Variation, below.)
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine orange zest, orange juice, water, honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and coriander in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Whisk cornstarch and the remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the saucepan and return to a boil, whisking until thickened, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in mint.
- Sprinkle drumsticks with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the drumsticks until crispy on all sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 15 minutes total. Serve the drumsticks with the dipping sauce on the side.
- Broiler variation: Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler to high. Prepare sauce (Step 2). Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle drumsticks with salt and pepper (Step 3), then broil, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 15 minutes total.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Provided by: EatingWell.com