Spicy Tomato Soup
Check out the recipe below for a nice bowl of spicy tomato soup, perfect for a rainy, gray winter day.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 pounds of ripe tomatoes, try mixing different types of tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat coconut milk
1. Wash and cut tomatoes into chunks
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the paprika through chile and cook until spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes
3. Add tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes, occasionally mashing tomatoes with a potato masher until completely mashed.
4. Add salt, sugar, tomato past and coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes..
Tomatoes are full of antioxidants, which are good for cells and help promote health. The antioxidant lycopene helps reduce the risk of developing heart disease and boost the body's ability to protect against ultra violet rays. Tomatoes also contain loads of vitamins including Vitamin C, and 44 percent of your daily value of Vitamin A. Usually it is good to eat fresh, raw vegetables because cooking releases some of the nutrients. But tomatoes are opposite cooked tomatoes deliver more antioxidants than raw.
For more delicious, fast and healthy recipes, visit http://reci-pes.blogspot.com/2011/12/healthy-tasty-quick-recipes.html.