If fireworks are legal where you live and you decide to set them off on your own, be sure to follow these important safety tips:
- Observe local laws.
- Keep a bucket of water handy in case of a malfunction or fire.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks. Never shoot a firework at or near another person.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from the house, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
- Never try to relight fireworks that have not fully functioned. Douse and soak them with water and throw them away.
- Never ignite fireworks in a container, especially a glass or metal container.
- Keep unused fireworks away from firing areas.
- Store fireworks in a dry, cool place. Check instructions for special storage directions.